Breaded Pacific Oysters with Chili Lime Aioli
2 Tubs Shucked Pacific Oysters
1/2 Cup Corn Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
2 Eggs - beaten
2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
Peanut Oil - to cover a medium pot 2-3” deep
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
Zest and Juice from 1 Lime
Hot Chili Sauce to Taste
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
* Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and zest, chili sauce, garlic powder and sea salt, and set aside in the fridge for an hour or more.
* Mix corn flour, salt, and cracked black pepper in a medium bowl, and then dredge each oyster, and tap off excess.
* Dip each dredged oyster into the beaten eggs, making sure to coat completely.
* Roll each of the egg covered oysters in the panko breadcrumbs, and set aside.
* Heat the peanut oil to med-high (oil is hot enough when a bit of flour sizzles when dropped into the pot) and fry the oysters in small batches. Blot excess oil with a paper towel and keep warm in the oven on low while you finish them all.
* Serve the oysters with the chili lime aioli, and enjoy!