BC Lingcod with Tomato and Orange
2 lbs Fresh BC Lingcod
- boneless & skinless - cut into 2” strips
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Yellow Onion - thinly sliced
2 Cloves Garlic - minced
1 Cup Green Olives - pitted and halved
2 Tbsp Orange Zest
2 Oranges - segmented - membranes removed
(or use canned mandarins - peeled and ready)
1 Can Diced Tomatoes - including liquid
1/4 Cup Fresh Dill - chopped finely
Salt and Pepper
* In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium.
* Add the onions to the oil and saute for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
* Mix in the minced garlic and the olives, season with salt, cook for another 2-3 min
* Add the oranges, zest, tomatoes and stir gently. Turn to low, cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
* Once the tomatoes and oranges have softened and turned into a stew, add the strips of lingcod, and spoon some stew over them.
* Cover and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through, and flakes easily with a fork.
* Sprinkle with fresh dill and serve on a bed of rice.